1. Be yourself. Everyone likes to be an inspiration to someone, but no one wants to be mimicked.
2. Don’t settle for less. If you feel you have earned something, don’t let someone convince you to aim lower.
3. Be polite. The best feeling is to be appreciated, so why not return the favor? Give a friendly, “hello!” To anyone you meet throughout the day. For all you know, that could have made their day much better.
4. Be positive. Don’t look at the glass as half empty. Look at it as half full! We all have those rough patches. Just take them for what they are, and make the most out of them.
5. Laugh. Not at others, but at yourself. It’s ok to laugh with others, though. (Unless you’re laughing with others at someone, then that’s not very nice either.)